The PA CareerLink is a one-stop job center that provides an array of employment and training services in a convenient, easily accessible location.
Offers a variety of services including:
- Internet access to search for a job
- Create a resume, print it and make copies
- Work on interviewing skills
- Use of the telephone to start a job search
- Talk with a career counselor about your career objectives
- Get information about careers
- Take a skill assessment and aptitude test on the road to becoming Ready2Work
- Work on basic skills like reading, writing and math
- Improve English
- Study for and take the GED exam
- Apply for food stamps and child health programs
- Improve keyboarding skills
- Learn to find the way around a computer
- Make the connection to higher education
PA CareerLink information specialists and counselors are there every step of the way to help people get the most out of the services that are offered.
Participants must be registered with CareerLink in order attend computer classes.