Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
Description of Service
Provides needs assessment, benefits advice & counseling in which caregivers are informed of the benefits available to them.
Through a cost sharing approach family may recieve monthly reimbursements of up to $200/month through PA FCSP and an additional $300/month from the National FCSP. These monies can help with out-of-pocket expenses ranging from respite care, over-the-counter medicines, incontinence supplies, day care and home chore services.
Modifcations can be made to the home such as installing stair lifts, building ramps or bathroom modification. One time only grants of up to $2000 can be give to families who qualify so that they can make the home more livable for the frail relative.
Referrals to caregivers support groups
The Family Caregiver support program (FCSP) assists families caring for an older relative at home. FCSP responds to the needs of caregivers.
Under Pennsylvania Family Caregiver Support Program:
* The Care receiver must be functionally dependent, 60 years old or older and require assistance with one or more activities of daily living.
* The caregiver & care receiver must be related and live in the same household
* Adult care recievers under the age of 60 with chronic dementia such as Alzheimer's Diease also qualify.
Under the National Family Caregiver Support program:
* The care receiver must be 60 years of age or older and require assistance with 2 or more activities of daily living.
* No requirement for the caregiver and care receiver to be related or live in same household.