Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
The Mental Health Treatment Locator section of the Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator lists facilities providing mental health services to persons with mental illness.
- Public mental health facilities that are funded by their State mental health agency (SMHA) or other State agency or department
- Mental health treatment facilities administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Private for-profit and non-profit mental health facilities that are licensed by the State or accredited by a national accreditation organization
NOTE: The Mental Health Treatment Locator does not include:
- Facilities whose primary or only focus is the provision of services to persons with Mental Retardation (MR), Developmental Disability (DD), and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI).
- Facilities that provide treatment exclusively to persons with mental illness who are incarcerated.
- Mental health professionals in private practice (individual) or in a small group practice not licensed or certified as a mental health clinic or (community) mental health center.