Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
Description of Service
Volunteers trained by the Internal Revenue Service offer assistance with filing basic income tax returns. (Forms 1040EZ, 1040 or 1040A). Taxpayers will be alerted to special credits and deductions for which they are eligible.
VITA offers free federal and state tax preparation online and by appointment.
Bring to appointment:
- If married-both people will need to attend the appointments
- Social security card plus dependent's social security cards
- Photo ID for yourself (and spouse if applicable)
- All wage and earning statements W2, 1099,etc
- Unemployment and social security forms
- Last year's tax return (if available)
- PA property tax/rent rebate info (if applicable)
- Form 1095-A for health insurance
- Student loan interest statements, college tuition statements
- Mortgage interest statements/paid property tax receipts
- Child care expenses
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit of tax refund
Cumberland, Dauphin, Perry
Persons with disabilities, the elderly and low income (household income must be less than $50,000/year)
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Hours of Operation
Office: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm; Program: Hours vary