Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
Description of Service
Goodwill provides employment training services that will support an individual training, finding and keeping a community job.
• Paid training program with competitive wages
• Training evaluation and goals specific to individual needs
• Employment Preparation (explores options, job placement plans, resumes and interview prep, access to assistive technology)
• Job Search (search the local job market, contact employers, track job search)
• Job Placement (match with opportunities that meet job skills, educate employers about special needs)
• Follow-Along and Job Retention (on-the-job coaching and support, regular communication with employer within the first 30 days of employment, on-going job and skills training, advice on advancement or promotion)
• Employer Support (special needs education as it relates to work place modifications, tax incentives for hiring individuals with disabilities)
• Follow up services after the training program while individual is in community employment.
To be considered severely disabled, individuals must have written medical documentation stating they have either a mental, physical, emotional disability or any combination of these. Only a psychiatrist can diagnose a mental health illness. A psychologist can diagnose a mental retardation diagnosis but not a mental health diagnosis.
Those persons who have a disabilities as well as people who are at an economic disadvantage, or may lack education or work experience
Adults, ages 18 and older, severely disabled and capable of performing some aspect of work.