Salvation Army Western Pennsylvania Division - Altoona Service Center
Altoona Worship and Service Center
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of Allegheny County
Description of Service
Emergency assistance for financially struggling individuals and families in crisis. Referrals are made for assistance not offered at our facility. May also offer seasonal assistance, such as Back-to-School and Project Bundle-Up where funds are available. Call for holiday programs (toys and food).
Must be a resident of 16601, 16602 or 16603 zip code area.
SERVICES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
1. Food Pantry. Emergency food for approximately 3 days. A Photo ID must be provided at time of service; no other information is required. Food Pantry is open Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM.
2. Water Service Payment Assistance. Need to have a shut-off notice. We pay up to $100 while funds are available.
3. Emergency Lodging (Homeless Motel Vouchers). Short term housing for transient and/or special situations for individuals and families with a 1-3 night stay at a local motel. An assessment interview of need is required. This is limited to available funding.
4. Furniture and Household Goods Vouchers. Available to fire victims with referral from the American Red Cross, or transitioning from a shelter (with referral).
5. Clothing Vouchers. Available to fire victims with referral from the American Red Cross, or searching for a job (with verification).
6. Soup Kitchen. Sundays at 4:30 PM.
7. Bread Distribution. Wednesdays and Fridays during office hours.
8. After School Program (Youth Enrichment). After school digital learning and homework help. Thursdays. Must register.
9. Overnight Summer Camp (Residential Camp). Must register and pay a $10 Fee. For ages 6-14. Call for dates and to register.
10. Day Camp. Must register. No fee. For ages 6-12. Call for dates and to register.