Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of Berks County
Description of Service
Area utility company which supplies natural gas to industrial commercial and residential customers.
Specialized Customer Outreach Program services include:
- Customer Assistance and Referral Evaluation Service (CARES) Program: Assists UGI customers who are having difficulty paying their bills. Customer representatives meet and discuss LIHEAP, budget counseling, weatherization services and community resources.
- Operation SHARE: A one-time financial assistance payment of the client's active gas account providing the customer has demonstrated a history of regular payments and meets eligible criteria.
- CAP (Customer Assistance Program): Budget billing programs that helps low income, payment troubled customers better afford their UGI bills. Based on family size and income.
- LIURP (Low Income Usage Reduction Program): UGI's weatherization program is offered to qualified customers who use UGI for heating their home. Program services are provided free of charge and may include window and baseboard caulking, door and window weather-stripping, attic and sidewall insulation, duct and pipe insulation, ventilation, water conservation devices, furnace inspection and energy education.
Optional programs include:
- Equal monthly payment plans for residential customers.
- Third Party Notification Program which permits customer to name someone who would receive a copy of any termination notices which may be sent due to non-payment of bills.
- Extended Due Date program allows senior citizens to adjust their bill's due date to coincide with Social Security checks.
- Appliance maintenance and repair
- Residential service contracts for gas home heating systems and hot water heaters.