Rehabilitation/Habilitation Services subcategories:
- Autism Therapy (75/4)
- Braille Instruction (7/0)
- Centers for Independent Living (40/4)
- Condition Specific Rehabilitation Services (65/25)
- Day Rehabilitation (7/0)
- Early Intervention for Children With Disabilities/Delays (166/17)
- Health Resocialization (2/1)
- Hippotherapy (3/0)
- Home/Community Based Developmental Disabilities Programs (192/42)
- Independent Living Skills Instruction (74/16)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation (71/3)
- Kinesiotherapy (1/0)
- Occupational Therapy (178/29)
- Orientation and Mobility Training (16/1)
- Physical Therapy (185/31)
- Self Help Instruction (3/1)
- Service Animal Purchase Assistance (1/0)
- Service Animals (29/3)
- Speech and Hearing (216/64)
- Therapeutic Exercise (41/5)
- Travel Training for Older Adults/People With Disabilities (5/1)
|The structure of the services index and definitions of the terms contained herein were originally published in A Taxonomy of Human Services: A Conceptual Framework with Standardized Terminology and Definitions for the Field by the Information and Referral Federation of Los Angeles County, Inc., 3035 Tyler Ave., El Monte, CA 91731; Copyright (c) 1983, 1987, 1991. No part of this listing of human services terms and definitions may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electrical, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of the Information and Referral Federation of Los Angeles County, Inc.|
This file's content displays in the left hand side margin of your Taxonomy - Directory of Services.
Above is the standard disclaimer required by AIRS INFOLINE, please consult locally or with AIRS as to what is appropriate to post for your system Taxonomy.
We do NOT recommend that you use MS Word to edit or manage this file, be sure to seek out a program or application that is a valid web authoring tool to do so.
You will want to be sure to retain the exact file name and extension when editing, saving, and re-uploading this file to your directory.
Programs that provide rehabilitation and/or habilitation services. Rehabilitation services involve a combination of treatment and education services which are designed to restore maximum functioning, a sense of well-being and a personally satisfying level of independence for individuals who have temporary or permanent disabilities. Habilitation services involve a combination of treatment and education services which are designed to either increase or maintain the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social functioning of individuals who have not reached age-appropriate developmental milestones.
Navigation Tips [+/-]