|Allegheny County DHS - Allegheny Link||The Allegheny Link connects people in need to available resources in an effort to maintain their independence and quality of life. The Allegheny Link assists:
- people with disabilities to find needed resources
- older adults to remain in the community
- people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to reach the goal of stable housing
- parents and caregivers of children 0-6 by connecting them to home visiting programs||Allegheny||Allegheny County Department of Human Services||Allegheny County Department of Human Services|
|Benefits Helpline||General information about Pennsylvania's public assistance programs including, Cash Assistance, Medical Assistance/Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP/Food Stamps) and LIHEAP. Information is available by phone or internet.||Benefits Helpline||Pennsylvania Department of Human Services|
|Cambria County Area Agency on Aging Apprise Program||Health benefits screening for older adults/senior citizens.||Cambria||Cambria County Area Agency on Aging||Cambria County Area Agency on Aging|
|Caring Voice Coalition||- Financial Assistance - Provides financial grants to alleviate the burden of medication copayments and health insurance premiums, allowing patients to start and remain on their prescription therapies.
- Alternate Coverage - Patients often have trouble finding affordable health insurance plans or may encounter issues they’re unable to resolve. CVC insurance specialists investigate, review and explain patients’ current benefits to them. They work with all insurance types—commercial, government and exchanges—to resolve issues and help patients identify and explore sources of new or improved coverage. CVC is a Certified Application Counselor Designated Organization for Marketplace services under the Affordable Care Act.
- Social Security Disability - CVC’s Social Security disability program supports patients through the various stages of the Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Insurance application process. Patient advocates coordinate supporting evidence, assess eligibility, submit claims for benefits and draft arguments.
||Caring Voice Coalition||Caring Voice Coalition|
|COMPASS - Information on Health and Human Services||If you want to find out if you qualify for Pennsylvania health and human services, apply for new benefits, finish your application or check your status, you're in the right place. By using COMPASS you can apply at any time during the day or night from home, a library or any location with Internet access.
COMPASS is an online application for Pennsylvanians to apply for many health and human service programs including the following:
- Health Care: Medical Assistance
- Health Care: CHIP/adultBasic
- Cash Assistance
- Child Care Works Program
- Food Stamps
- Energy Assistance: LIHEAP
- School Meals
- Home and Community Based Services
- Long Term Care
- SelectPlan for Women||Dauphin||*Main Site (COMPASS)||COMPASS|
|Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Cambria County||Provides screening to help individuals determine if they qualify for SNAP benefits and helps them apply over the phone. Also advocates on behalf of people having problems receiving SNAP benefits through the PA Department of Human Services. SNAP provides a monthly supplemental benefit to use toward grocery expenses.||Cambria||Southwestern Pennsylvania Food Security Partnership||Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank|
|Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Indiana County||Provides screening to help individuals determine if they qualify for SNAP benefits (formerly known as food stamps) and helps them apply over the phone. Also advocates on behalf of people having problems receiving SNAP benefits through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. SNAP provides a monthly supplemental benefit to use toward grocery expenses.||Indiana||Southwestern Pennsylvania Food Security Partnership||Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank|
|Just Harvest Food Stamp Screening||Provides screening to help individuals determine if they qualify for SNAP benefits (formerly known as food stamps) and helps them apply over the phone. Also advocates on behalf of people having problems receiving SNAP benefits through the PA Department of Human Services.||Allegheny||Food Stamp Outreach||Just Harvest|
|Northampton County Department of Veterans Affairs||Assists veterans and their family members with information regarding federal, state and local benefits. Services include assistance in filing for and accessing the following federal benefits: compensation for service connected disability; pension for veterans unable to work; vocational rehabilitation and counseling; payment for education and job training; home loan guaranty; life insurance; "wheelchair homes"; and burial benefits. The benefits for family members of deceased veterans include dependency and indemnity compensation and death pension.||Northampton||Northampton County Department of Veterans Affairs||Northampton County Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Pennsylvania Health and Human Services - COMPASS||Website for Pennsylvanians to apply for many health and human service programs. COMPASS can help you find out if you qualify for Pennsylvania health and human services, apply for new benefits, finish your application or check your status. You can use COMPASS any time during the day or night from any location with Internet access.||Dauphin||COMPASS||Pennsylvania Department of Human Services|
|Pennsylvania SeniorLaw Helpline, Legal Information||Provides free legal information, advice and referrals on a variety of civil legal issues including:
- Health care
- Family law
- Elder abuse, neglect and other forms of victimization
Special focused services for older victims. Older adults who need continuing or in-person representation are referred to the legal aid provider in their county, their local Area Agency of Aging or the local Lawyer Referral Service||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania SeniorLaw Helpline||Pennsylvania SeniorLaw Helpline|
|Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)||SNAP: quick and private electronic application is available; EFA: Emergency Food Assistance is available, and food is distributed immediately and neighborhood pantry referrals are made, to persons meeting the eligibility requirement. Walk-ins are accepted or call 1.866.395.3663. SNAP is funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Office of Income Maintenance. Messages are recorded 24 hours a day.
||Allegheny||Hunger Services Network||Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh|
|Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) - Beaver, Butler and Lawrence||SNAP is available with pre-screening and enrollment into the program. SNAP is funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, Office of Income Maintenance. Provides nutritional benefits through America’s best defense against hunger.
Messages are recorded 24 hours a day. Applications for SNAP can be taken by phone.
||Beaver||Hunger Services Network||Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh|