|Camp Hebron||Offers a summer residential camp
Camp Location: 957 Camp Hebron Road, Halifax, PA 17032
Age Range: 1st-12th grade
Financial Aid: Yes
Overnight camping and outings with camps for youth and families, canoe trips, horseback riding, backpacking, handicapped 18 years and up, senior citizens, church retreat groups. Adventure challenge, onsite gymnasium and climbing wall. Banquets for nonprofits, churches and civic organizations. Training and leadership retreats using challenge activities. Options for day visits include picnics, hiking, boating and other activities by arrangement.||Dauphin||Camp Hebron, Inc.||Camp Hebron, Inc.|
|Catholic Youth Association of Pittsburgh - Stephen Foster Community Center||Senior Citizens: Information and referral, socialization and recreation activities, counseling, congregate meals, adult day care, education classes, legal advice, Senior Companions, and summer camping at Camp R in the Laurel Highlands. Registration site for ACCESS and OPT transportation. Other Services: Camp R is open to ages 7-15. Tiny-Tot preschool program for ages 4 and 5. Meeting rooms and newsletter available. Childcare from Infants to Preschool||Allegheny||Catholic Youth Association of Pittsburgh, Inc.||Catholic Youth Association of Pittsburgh, Inc.|
|Day One of Greater Altoona Youth Camps||Provides youth with bible teaching as well as various outdoor and indoor activities. Two separate camps are held during the month of July. One is an overnight teen camp. The other is a kids camp, which is held for five days from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Both camps are free of charge.||Blair||Day One of Greater Altoona||Day One of Greater Altoona|
|Fresh Air Fund||Provides inner-city children with a two week summer vacation with a volunteer host family or at at a Fresh Air Fund camp in upstate New York.||Fresh Air Fund||Fresh Air Fund|
|Hidden Valley Scout Reservation||Overnight and day camping from June to August. Activities include hiking, boating, cooking, and archery. Winter weekend rental of facilities to the community.||Cumberland||Hidden Valley Scout Camp||Boy Scouts of America, New Birth of Freedom Council|
|Jewish Community Center - Emma Kaufmann Camp||Emma Kaufmann Camp is a co-ed, residential camp located on Cheat Lake in Morgantown, WV, just 70 miles south of Pittsburgh. Owned and operated by the Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh.||Allegheny||Jewish Community Center - Squirrel Hill||Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh|
|Middlecreek Area Community Center - Programs for Children - Lock-In||The lock-in is where any kid in grades 5-8 can come to the MACC and spend the night. During the night we will have numerous structured games, pizza, movies, etc. Drop off is between 6:00 and 10:00 P.M. Pick up is between 7:00 and 8:00 A.M.||Snyder||Middlecreek Area Community Center - Programs for Children||Middlecreek Area Community Center|
|Middlecreek Area Community Center - Programs for Children - Youth Lock-In||The youth lock-in is where any kid in grades K-4 can come to the MACC for a couple of hours of fun. We play structured games, provide pizza, and more. This type of lock-in goes from 6:00 to 10:00 P.M.||Snyder||Middlecreek Area Community Center - Programs for Children||Middlecreek Area Community Center|
|National Military Family Association||An organization that advocates for benefits and programs that strengthen and protect military families through comprehensive child care, accessible health care, spouse employment options, great schools, caring communities, a secure retirement, and support for widows and widowers.
- Military Spouse Scholarships - helps prepare military spouses for meaningful employment and to better contribute to their family’s financial security.
- Operation Purple Camps - brings together military kids from all ranks and services, including National Guard and Reserve components, to a unique and memorable summer camp experience.
- Operation Purple Family Retreats - provides military families with the opportunity to reconnect as a family. We are bringing families to beautiful outdoor locations in order to provide fun family-oriented activities and the ability to spend quality time together.
- Operation Purple Healing Adventures - a special retreat program that is designed to support wounded service members and their families. The Operation Purple Healing Adventures program celebrates rediscovering family-fun and togetherness after an injury.
- MyMilitaryLife App - helps military spouses navigate the many adventures of military life.
|National Military Family Association||National Military Family Association|
|Pennsylvania State Police - Troop J Lancaster||Responsibilities include:
- Investigation of criminal activities
- Investigation of vehicle accidents
- Promote traffic safety, enforce statutes, eliminate traffic hazards and encourage motorists to practice safe driving techniques.
- Assistance in locating missing persons
- Community presentations on traffic safety and crime-related subjects
- Liquor Control Enforcement Hotline is used to report underage drinking on licensed or unlicensed premises. All reports, anonymous or otherwise, will be investigated.
- Sponsors Camp Cadet for Lancaster County youth ages 11 - 13 years. A week long residential summer camp program which gives youth an opportunity to know and learn about law enforcement activities.
Additional Telephone Numbers:
877.726.6378: Hotline to report suspected drug trafficking
888.UNDER.21 (863.3721): To anonymously report underage drinking parties or businesses distributing alcohol to minors (Legal drinking age in PA is 21 yrs.)
866.426.9164: 24-hour hotline to complain about or compliment troopers or other state police employees
888.292.1919: To report homeland security or terrorism tips
||Lancaster||Pennsylvania State Police - Troop J Lancaster||Pennsylvania State Police|
|Residential Camp||Overnight camp for children. Hiking, swimming, boating and arts and crafts at Camp Ladore located in Waymart, PA.||Dauphin||Salvation Army Harrisburg Citadel Corps||Salvation Army Harrisburg Citadel Corps |
|Respective Solutions Group Center for Families Residential Camp||Salvation Army residential camp.||Cambria||Respective Solutions Group Center for Families||Respective Solutions Group|
|Salvation Army - Camp Ladore||Two 1 week reduced-fee residential summer encampments in the Pocono Mountains for children whose parents could not otherwise afford to send them to camp. Swimming, arts & crafts, canoeing, ropes, hiking, campfire activities, and more. Transportation provided.||Philadelphia||Salvation Army of Greater Philadelphia - Philadelphia; North Philadelphia Divisional Headquarters||Salvation Army, Greater Philadelphia|
|Salvation Army - Camp Ladore - Roxborough||Two 1 week reduced-fee residential summer encampments in the Pocono Mountains for children whose parents could not otherwise afford to send them to camp. Swimming, arts & crafts, canoeing, ropes, hiking, campfire activities, and more. Transportation provided.||Philadelphia||Roxborough Corps (Salvation Army - Greater Philadelphia)||Salvation Army, Greater Philadelphia|
|Salvation Army Hamburg Service Center - Youth Camper||Provides six days and five nights at Camp Ladore in June for ages seven to 12 years (includes transportation)||Berks||Salvation Army Hamburg Service Center||Salvation Army - Hamburg Service Center|
|Salvation Army Reading - Camp Ladore||Provides children 7-12 years of age with a week long overnight camping experience in Waymart, PA. Children will experience nature, team building, independence building, campfires, high ropes, canoeing, swimming, arts and crafts, sports and daily devotions in a safe nurturing environment.||Berks||Salvation Army - Reading||Salvation Army - Reading|
|Sarah Heinz House Association||Provides children aged 3-18 with powerful role models and a safe, fun place to go after school, on weekends and during the summer months. Molds future citizens through educational, artistic, recreational and community service programs. Offers dance, swimming, sustainable design, tutoring help and robotics to name just a few of the programs. Adult fitness memberships, as well as training, and meeting rooms are available during our non-youth program periods.||Allegheny||Sarah Heinz House Association||Sarah Heinz House Association|
|Sarah Heinz House Association - Heinz House Residential Camp||Heinz House Camp is located near Ellwood City, north of Pittsburgh. This residential camp (11 days of overnight stay) gives kids a chance to have a real camping adventure in beautiful setting at an afforadable cost. Campers enjoy hiking, swimming, boating, geocaching, archery, paintball, crafts & nature.||Lawrence||Sarah Heinz House Association||Sarah Heinz House Association|
|Summer Camp Programs||Summer camp program is conducted each summer with dates varying each summer.||York||Salvation Army, Community Center||York County - Salvation Army|
|The Salvation Army Western Pennsylvania Division - Altoona Service Center||Emergency assistance for financially struggling individuals and families in crisis. Our current list of available services is outlined below. Referrals are made for assistance not offered at our facility. May also offer seasonal assistance, such as Back-to-School and Project Bundle-Up where funds are available. Call for holiday programs (toys and food).
Must be a resident of 16601, 16602 or 16603 zip code area.
SERVICES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
1. Food Pantry. Emergency food for approximately 3 days. A Photo ID must be provided at time of service; no other information is required. Food Pantry is open Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM.
2. Water Service Payment Assistance. Need to have a shut-off notice. We pay up to $100 while funds are available.
3. Emergency Lodging (Homeless Motel Vouchers). Short term housing for transient and/or special situations for individuals and families with a 1-3 night stay at a local motel. An assessment interview of need is required. This is limited to available funding.
4. Furniture and Household Goods Vouchers. Available to fire victims with referral from the American Red Cross, or transitioning from a shelter (with referral).
5. Clothing Vouchers. Available to fire victims with referral from the American Red Cross, or searching for a job (with verification).
6. Soup Kitchen. Sundays at 4:30 PM.
7. Bread Distribution. Wednesdays and Fridays during office hours.
8. After School Program (Youth Enrichment). After school digital learning and homework help. Thursdays. Must register.
9. Overnight Summer Camp (Residential Camp). Must register and pay a $10 Fee. For ages 6-14. Call for dates and to register.
10. Day Camp. Must register. No fee. For ages 6-12. Call for dates and to register.||Blair||The Salvation Army Western Pennsylvania Division - Service Centers||Salvation Army Western Pennsylvania Division|
|Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf - Summer Camps||The Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf (WPSD) has two camps, one overnight and one day-camp for children with loss.
Both Amazing Adventures and Imaginasium Overnight Camp provide children with activities and fun camping experiences.||Allegheny||Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf||Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf|
|YMCA Camp Kon-O-Kwee (Camp Spencer)||This week-long overnight camp offers swimming, cooking, canoeing, crafts, soccer, volleyball and archery. Certified instructors and language majors help children in grades 2-8 begin their language study or advance their skills. Hearing the language spoken throughout each day and being challenged to speak the language during activities, large and small group learning sessions, and mealtimes make this the best way to learn a language.||Allegheny||YMCA of Pittsburgh||YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh|