Occupational/Professional Associations subcategories:
- Aging Associations (5/0)
- Aging/Long Term Care Facility Associations (3/0)
- Arts Associations (2/0)
- Athletic Associations (1/0)
- Business Associations (52/11)
- Child Care Provider Associations (3/0)
- Child Welfare/Family Services Associations (27/5)
- Disability Associations (6/1)
- Education Associations (6/0)
- Emergency Management Associations (21/1)
- Farm Associations (1/0)
- Home Care/Hospice Associations (7/4)
- Information and Referral Associations (4/1)
- Legal Associations (7/0)
- Library Associations (1/0)
- Medical Associations (13/3)
- Medical Clinic Associations (1/0)
- Mental Health Practitioner Associations (8/0)
- Nonprofit/Philanthropic Associations (3/1)
- Sales and Marketing Professional Associations (1/1)
- Volunteer Administration Associations (1/1)
|The structure of the services index and definitions of the terms contained herein were originally published in A Taxonomy of Human Services: A Conceptual Framework with Standardized Terminology and Definitions for the Field by the Information and Referral Federation of Los Angeles County, Inc., 3035 Tyler Ave., El Monte, CA 91731; Copyright (c) 1983, 1987, 1991. No part of this listing of human services terms and definitions may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electrical, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of the Information and Referral Federation of Los Angeles County, Inc.|
This file's content displays in the left hand side margin of your Taxonomy - Directory of Services.
Above is the standard disclaimer required by AIRS INFOLINE, please consult locally or with AIRS as to what is appropriate to post for your system Taxonomy.
We do NOT recommend that you use MS Word to edit or manage this file, be sure to seek out a program or application that is a valid web authoring tool to do so.
You will want to be sure to retain the exact file name and extension when editing, saving, and re-uploading this file to your directory.
Programs that promote the interests of a specific trade or profession and provide informal educational and professional development opportunities under the auspices of a membership professional or occupational group or association, often through the medium of journals, periodicals, professional conferences, trade shows and expositions and other similar gatherings. Some of these programs may also establish standards which relate to the qualifications and performance of members and may accept and investigate complaints from the public concerning the practices of members; may maintain a service which refers the public to member individuals, groups, agencies or businesses; and may act as advocates for their own members, for association goals and/or for the recipients of their services.
Navigation Tips [+/-]